Monday, September 11, 2006

Where's Bert #3

I'm always only the lookout for OBL and al-Z. We need to find them. Surely I'm not the only obsessed american out there -- and yes, I'm aware that he is not the federal head of global terrorism. But he certainly represents that kind of cunning, feral, we-hate-you-so-we'll-kill-you brand of terror.

Read this interesting Washington Post article about the search for OBL. At least the headline didn't lure me in with false promises, but gives darned good reasons why we haven't found him.

"Many factors have combined in the five years since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to make the pursuit more difficult. They include the lack of CIA access to people close to al-Qaeda's inner circle; Pakistan's unwillingness to pursue him; the reemergence of the Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan; the strength of the Iraqi insurgency, which has depleted U.S. military and intelligence resources; and the U.S. government's own disorganization."

1 comment:

Damien said...

Lynne,
I just want you to know I'm checkin' in every day and enjoying your tidbits of news. Please keep it up and I will spread the word.