Monday, May 07, 2007

Sheryl Crow again

So I'll complete my enviro-posts with a quote from Sheryl Crow. She's evidently upset that folks misunderstood her toilet paper joke. However, when you make remarks like that, what do you expect? Others simply turned her joke into their joke.
All kidding aside, I would like to read a thoughtfully written article about environmental stewardship from a biblical perspective. I'll call my friend Rich and see what he has.
From Sheryl:
"First, I am deeply concerned over where we are as a nation. We are so blessed to live in a country where we enjoy so many rights that other countries cannot even begin to imagine. However, what terrifies me is not what we are ignoring about the state of our planet but the fact that we seem to have lost touch with our connection to the earth. We have risen to great heights of arrogance in our refusal to acknowledge that the earth is changing. We hold steadfast to our belief that nothing can happen to us as a people."

No comments: