Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blood, Gore and global warming

Damien is trying to make me think again. Click here to read an interesting op-ed he sent me regarding the Live Earth/Climate change situation (Blood, Gore and global warming is the name of the editorial).

I struggle to comment but will say this: the way human beings treat the earth is a problem. How that relates to global warming I'm not sure. I am sure, however, about the real problem. We misuse the earth for the same reason we misuse every good thing. Our human nature is so completely corrupt and without hope that we will not properly care for the planet -- or anything else.

It is so much easier to talk about improving our stewardship of the earth. I would rather talk about God's plan to recreate this splendid, fallen mess. What's Al's number?

No comments: