Saturday, July 14, 2007

Brian May finishes dissertation

Hmmmm, Brian May - astrophysicist? I had no idea that he set aside his studies because his group Queen had hit the bigtime.

"After the ceremony he said: “I worked on my thesis at Imperial from 1971 to 1974 when I had to give it up because Queen became a full-time thing. I kept all my notes and I was able to find them in my loft and start working on them again.”

Using a giant telescope in the Canary Islands, May was able to show for the first time that dust clouds in the solar system are moving in the same direction as the planets. He will receive his PhD next May, provided that his thesis is approved by assessors."


Party on, Brian! Read the article here.

3 comments:

mew123 said...

Dissertation Help is a very useful tool so that you can easily submit your dissertation on time.

Susan Bell said...

Hy, Lynne I have visited so many blogs to get information about writing my dissertation for so many months. Your post has helped me a lot to complete my thesis on time. Thank you. Regards

Elizabeth Toothman said...

It’s totally amazing how he stop writing his thesis paper to become a star with Queen. And it was great that he resume writing his graduate thesis after he has the time again. Well, we never known what can happen in showbiz, so it would be a good idea to have a backup plan like having a good education to help you in life.