Thursday, October 04, 2007

Custody Battle Erupts Over Amputated Human Leg Found in Smoker

Yes, beloved, that's the real headline.

Do you ever wonder how news makes it to print, video, or the internet? I sure do; I wonder all the time. Do newspeople sit around a table and say, "Well, we've got Iraq, North Korean nukes, Darfur, 2008 Presidential Elections, and a human leg found in a barbecue smoker in North Carolina."

I could say you must watch this video of the custody battle regarding said leg - but instead I'll just put it out there and see if you take the bait.

Really, I swear Jeff Foxworthy made this up, or put this on, or directed, or produced. The only shock that registered was the fact that it didn't happen in Alabama! Dang.

5 comments:

kibbe said...

This video leaves me wondering, many questions are un-answered. The first being why did the gentleman who lost the leg na plane crash smoke the leg in the first place? I REALLY want to know this...and how did he happen to "forget" about said leg when he sold the smoker? I think there's a "Waiting For Guffman" movie waiting to be created from this very news story. Can you see it?!

Lynne said...

How about "Waiting for Guffman" meets "Saw?" I hate it when I put my amputated leg in a barbecue smoker and forget about it!

kibbe said...

I haven't seen "saw"...I'm abashed that I can't give a proper guffaw at your response due to my ignorance of the movie world!
Do you watch "the Office"? Michael once barbequed his foot in a George Foreman Grill by accident...maybe there's a theme. Maybe the airplane accident victim saw that episode and thought..."Huh... I should put my lost leg that i found in the forest after my tragic accident on a smoker...."

Lynne said...

I haven't seen "Saw" either - just read some reviews and saw the trailer. I don't watch "The Office," though I've seen the British version on dvd. I haven't had tv for twelve years...so out of touch. We do watch lots of movies, though.

kibbe said...

The British version isn't nearly as good as the american. If you have netflix, you can get the office that way. Trust me...it's worth it. I have an idea of your humor...I'd be shocked if you didn;t like it:)