Friday, November 02, 2007

Good Taste Takes a Holiday

Read this fun article in the NYT.

"The Dining section asked dozens of chefs, cooks, nutritionists, bakers and recovering trick-or-treaters three questions about their favorite Halloween treats from the past, the present and from their fevered imaginations."

They asked "What did you most want when trick or treating as a child?" One response:

“I well remember my disgust whenever someone offered me a homemade brownie or, worst of all, an apple. Halloween is the high holy day of high fructose corn syrup. And if we can keep it to one or two such days, why not?”
Michael Pollan, journalist and author
“The Omnivore’s Dilemma”

Read the entire article. So what was your favorite Halloween candy?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

snickers bars - oh yeah

and, great talking with you last night

ukrainiac said...

Mmm, snickers were ALWAYS a treat. Actually I was thrilled whenever I received a full-sized candy of any sort. Doug, Janet, sometimes Biz, and I would sort the stash and begin the trading!

kibbe said...

when I was a kid everyone gave us full size candy bars and the ultimate prize was always a milky way or muskateer bar

Cynthia said...

The classic - a Hershey's bar! Still love 'em today!