Monday, February 11, 2008

Garden Time Again

It's time to get back to my garden after a furiously busy winter. Once again, I've gone overboard: planning way beyond my means, energy and ability. But if by God's grace I can pull it off, we'll be eating better than ever.

First my onions, spinach, broccoli and peas. Then on to extending my existing beds - so much pulling up and tearing out. And did I mention bermuda grass? The bane of my existence, sort of. Last year, John whacked at the stray bermuda with a pick axe while I yanked and struggled to eliminate the runners. I didn't get all of them, and I thought my arms were going to fall off - or I wished they would.

I'll take before pictures so you can see where I'm going and get a good look at the extent of my kingdom. It's a lovely kingdom, three-quarters of an acre. The Lord was kind in His provision. I hope my garden reflects my gratitude.

No comments: